Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Water Color Nails: How To

First I started out with plain white nail polish on my nails. I decided to make my ring finger silver because I wanted to add some silver glitter. You can choose to keep them all the same, but I like to mix and match my manicures. The white nail polish is Sally Hansen "Hard as Nails" in the color "White On". The silver is Revlon Colorstay "Long Wear Nail Enamel" in the color "Sequin".




To make the water color effect you will need a regular makeup sponge. I like to just cut a piece of one, so I don't waste the whole sponge. I use these sponges a lot for different nail looks so I don't want to feel like I am wasting them. You will also need 3 to 5 colors of you choosing. I wanted to go for a more spring/pastel water color. The mint color is Wet n Wild "Megalast" in "I need a refresh-mint", the pink is also from Wet n Wild in the color "Candy-licious". The next two colors are both Sally Hansen "Xtreme Wear". The blue is in the color "Pacific Blue" and the purple is "Violet Voltage". You then just dab a few drops of each color onto the sponge. I notice doing it in layers gives you the best effect. So let some colors soak in the sponge then add a second layer. Make sure to also randomly put the color down, you don't want it to end up with just one color in a particular section.

Once you have the colors on the sponge you immediately dab the sponge onto your white painted finger nail. Press it down a few times and you should notice the color has transferred. Continue with this process on the rest of your white painted finger nails. You will need to clean your cuticle with nail polish remover because it will get on more than just on your nails. To seal in the design and to make the effect complete add a clear top coat of your choice.



The Finished Look 

I decided to add Funky Fingers "Jawbreaker" to my pinky and thumb. I love this color its a milky color with lots of fun different colored and sized hex glitters. The colored glitters matched my water colored nails very nicely. The color I choose to top the silver was "Sand &Stilettos", also by Funky Fingers. This color is so pretty because its a fine glitter that has a bit of a 3-D effect. Follow me on Istagram if you like this nail look, I have many more there!










No comments:

Post a Comment